Sunday, July 21, 2013
Happy 9th Birthday, Ellie!
Narrowing down my favorite images of Ellie is just about impossible. First, it takes more than a day to just go through them all... as in morning, noon, night of non-stop viewing. I shoot a lot. Second, she's been a little model from the beginning, and the kid rarely takes a bad picture. Third, viewing each image is like re-living a memory, and I just want to share them all with all of y'all (that was a lot of "all"s).
Well anyway, my sweet little Ellie is turning 9 years old today, and my brain is having trouble computing that she is 1/2way to being a full-fledged adult. I can't believe that it has been 9 years... I JUST CAN'T! But somehow... it's true. So, I thought I'd share 9 of my favorite images of my precious, and 9 reasons why I'm so crazy for this girl.
1) She was a good baby! Not only was she a little looker with her red hair, but she slept in her own bed from the very first night, never fussed, and was just about as happy as they come!
2) She loves life! She gets excited about all the little things in life, and is great at not taking things for granted.
3) She's artsy! Not only is she a fabulous little photographer, but she can already craft circles around me.
4) The girl loves to shop (like her dad). But even cooler than that, she is great at SAVING (also like her dad). She recently saved her allowance and chore money for months and months to save up for a new American Girl doll. She understands the value of something worth saving for.
5) She is so fancy! I can trust her to be the most polite little lady in the fanciest of restaurants. She loves fancy things, whether real or dress-up.
6) She adores me. I remember the first time she pulled my arm around her to cuddle, and I was just smitten. She cherishes our relationship, is always grateful for our personal time, and is very affectionate.
7) She is an amazing big sister. She always wants to hold, feed, dress, and love on Cece. Cece is so lucky to have Ellie, who doesn't have a jealous bone in her body, as her sister.
8) She is a fashionista! She throws outfits together that I'd never think of, and they work perfectly. I've watched her design clothing that just blows me away.
9) She is a great role model. Not only do I see her at school being a leader in her classroom, I watch her make right choice after right choice at home. She is a giving, loving, selfless little lady that I'm so proud to call my daughter.
Many of you have been following this blog for years. I was chatting with a Benny Bride last week and she said she has literally watched Ellie grow up through the blog. I want to thank you for being here, day after day, month after month, year after year. I hope this look back at Ellie's life was fun! Feel free to leave a comment below for Ellie!
Talk to you soon,
P.S. Stay tuned later today for a slideshow of a LOT more of my favorite Ellie images.
Hey everybody! Abby and Austin could be some of the only people to improve the perfect scenery offered by Crystal Bridges Museum and fa...
Hey everybody! Man, oh man... I've got some dream wedding reception details to share today! This fancy gold and ivory wedding is prett...
Hey everybody! One of my favorite local Fayetteville bloggers (and favorite humans, period) is on the blog today with her sweet girls! ...
Hey everybody! My favorite dentist is getting married. ;) Beth is probably the nicest person I've ever met. Yeah... even nicer tha...